Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tuck Pointing




I think this has been covered before, but I want to explain tuck pointing again because it is amazing the work that has to go into it.  We didn't know the INSIDE of the building would need the repairs it has needed, but we're very lucky to have had Craig Jones (Jonesy) come into our lives because he is doing an AMAZING job on the brick!!



Today Craig spent the entire day chiseling out all the old mortar between every brick. You can only imagine the dust!

Here's what an entire wall looks like after removing the old mortar.



Again.... Craig must go around each and every brick on the wall.

If you look closely, notice on the right side of the picture that new cement has been added back in around EVERY brick!  I don't know how he does this tedious work day after day, but I am so thankful he does!

Dale installed the new windows along the alley today.  Between the windows and Craig's work, it's really starting to look like the building we have envisioned for the past two years!  Can you imagine how beautiful these offices will be?!?!?!

Another shot of the work the Dale and Craig accomplished today.
You know that door that we always come in from the deck?  I've taken many pics from this vantage point.  I still can't get over the amount of light coming in from the new windows!

That bathtub still hasn't moved from the original bathroom.  And the new bathroom will still be located in this spot.


The brickwork in this picture has new cement and is complete.

This is a shot of the front corner.  It's the corner of the building that is closest to Vintage on Bridge.

I was very hard on myself thinking that I just couldn't fill nail holes properly.  As it turns out, the paint store led me astray, but thanks to Rich Gallus (Gallus Painting) I'm back on track and the nail filler material he recommended is a joy to work with!  Now I need to sand and touch-up so that it looks somewhat decent for the winter-- we don't plan on painting the second coat until next Spring.

I really thought we'd take Sunday off for a little R&R.  NOT.  Just saw the forecast and we can't pass up this incredible weather so instead, you'll find us out in front painting more of the building!

No comments:

Post a Comment