Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Vacation....




So many of the previous posts talk about all the work that Dale does on The Jerome.  And he does.  It's his full-time job (when being Mayor doesn't get in the way).  But I really do help and finally have a picture to prove it!
I'm STILL filling nail holes with my favorite green ladder mentioned in other posts.  

I must stand on my tip-toes to reach some of those holes.  And I have bruises on my shins from holding on so tightly with my legs.  After the nail holes are done, the painting begins.  At that point the scaffolding will go up and Dale thinks we'll need "two sections" (pretty high), but to reach those windows above to paint everything that's white we'll need "three sections" (REALLY high!).  It's exhilarating thinking about it!!!!  

While I was working, three ladies stopped to ask what was going in the building.  I explained that we don't know and that we just enjoy working on the building.  She gave me an odd look and asked, "well are you going to make a lot of money when it's done"?  And I gave her an odd look back and said, "NO!!!!  Are you kidding?!?!?!  This is our vacation and I hope it lasts forever!"  Which reminds me of one of my favorite quotes, 

“Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don't need to escape from.”  ― Seth Godin

My sister and nieces from Colorado are coming in for the weekend, so we'll be taking more time off from the building.  So excited to see them and so excited that life continues to slow down our "vacation"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment