Monday, October 21, 2013

Yesterday's Find - Another ceiling!!!

After working on the building all afternoon, I really wanted to get new pictures posted, but was just too tired. Dale worked my butt off today!  We decided to remove the suspended ceiling in one building, which then led to the second building.  I moved over 300 tile from the scaffolding to the back door.  This is the nice, neat pile I made (Dale taught me well)!  The tile grids were 21 x 11 in each building, but some were already missing.



While removing all of this ceiling tile, yesterday's find was another ceiling!!  The fiber ceiling was nailed to wood strips that were nailed to the metal ceiling tiles.  About half of the building was covered making for unexpected work.  It was worth it though and now we just need to get the metal framing down.


The way our process worked was Dale would remove the tile and either pile them on the scaffolding or through them on the floor if they were broken and then I had the lovely job of cleaning up after him!  We'd get a section done and then I'd unlock the wheels and move Dale and the scaffolding over to the next area.  I'm not so sure I got the easy job!


Once the tile were down, the rooms looked huge!


Major progress made today!





No comments:

Post a Comment