Monday, September 2, 2013

Grime

Today I was on my own.  Dale was off practicing for the upcoming Butch Automatic reunion.

I was supposed to clean the transom windows today, but didn't have the drive.  Instead, minimal cleaning is in order.  This would be a day of cleaning the grunge, so that I can come back through to complete the actual cleaning.

First off, Bldg 1 kitchen floor.

Gross floor - AFTER
Gross floor - before




Next would be another floor. Not sure what this room was... maybe a bedroom.


Vacuumed the floor and tub.  There are still balloons stuck to the floor that didn't come up.  Round two will require a putty knife.  I really want to clean the tub, but there's no water!!!


 The skirt board on the stairs has been cleaned and I'm dying to see what the stairs could look like!  Dale said I may need to get a brush and garden hose.  Another day.
 Cleaned the stove in Bldg 1.  The rings and burners are black from food.  Then I opened the oven and closed it as fast as I could.  That'll require a day when I'm feeling strong. :)


This is the kitchen of Bldg 1 where we always enter the second floor.  Too bad there isn't water.










The bathroom is right off the kitchen.  It has a claw-foot tub, so I think it was one of the first bathrooms to go into the building.




 Like I said, not sure when the last time the building was cleaned.  These floors will be gorgeous when we're done with them!


 Garbage picked up and vacuumed.

 Garbage picked up and vacuumed.

Only lasted two hours today.  But figured out a lot of spaces... so it was a good day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment