Thursday, August 27, 2015

11 Left to Go





The front and alley windows are out!  22 out of 33 of them!  The third and fourth windows from the right are even covered with some of the originally panelling from one of the apartments we demo'd.  Dale has managed to keep the useful stuff on hand.


This is an interesting shot that Dale took.  It dawned on me that I don't think I've taken a picture from this angle before.  The Jerome looks a little "Plain Jane" right now and we clearly need to do something with that old door opening.   
While Dale waits for Craig to catch up with him on tuck-pointing the interior brick, he's back to removing plaster from the brick along this alley wall.  I hear there's quite a mess upstairs so my guess is a dumpster will be coming soon!

I have about a half-days worth of work to finish filling nail holes on the front (this weekend) and then hopefully Al can come help us out to caulk the windows.  Then, I'll be able to paint the front!  I'm very excited about this and thought I had planned properly by timing this project for the Fall, but now realize I picked BEE SEASON to paint outside.  This will be interesting!!!

At least we still have some great weather ahead of us!


No comments:

Post a Comment