Monday, March 24, 2014

We're back! And totally energized!




It's really starting to hit home how much work is in front of us, so it's time to dig in and 'git-r done'!

For me, that means cleaning the plaster out from the wood walls of the stairwells.  Three BIG walls.  One groove at a time.



The lower grooves have been cleaned the upper grooves.... ugh.

The area above the doorway and to the lower left took about six hours.  I've got to find a more efficient way to remove this or there's 3 weeks of work ahead of me!
Found efficiency!!!  I call this a hammer drill, although I've been informed by the boss that it's just called a hammer.  That may be true, but last time I checked, you don't hook a hammer up to an air-compressor!  Anyway...  this thing is amazing (and quite loud) when it comes to digging the plaster out from within those little groove.  Next thing on my wish-list...  a pair of earplugs.

For Dale, that means bringing Spring into the building...

Ooooo.....  let there be light!

Ta-dah!!!!  One down and 5 to go!  Notice how massive these windows are compared to the door.  These are double-hung windows and at one point in their life, the bottom half actually slid up to allow fresh air into the building.



Unveiling from the outside (and another butt shot).  :)

The Jerome is going to look SO magnificent when J&J Glass installs the new windows.  I can't wait!


So tempting to wash the windows even though they'll be replaced.  I'll do that if it EVER warms up!  But since it's only about 20 degrees outside, not happening today!
 
I made this picture as small as possible.  Why is it that other people find treasures or money in the wall and we find this?!?!?!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment