Saturday, December 28, 2013

Deja Vu - 2 months later




Started the day off fairly easy as you can see below.  Not feeling very ambitious today so grabbed a screwdriver (not the drink!) and with coffee in hand, started chipping the plaster away from the grooves in the wood.

I thought it was going to be a day of taking plaster off the wall with my very-own-brand-new respirator!  But NOOOOO, it's 40+ degrees and sunny outside and we're heading to the basement AGAIN!!!

I just looked back on an older post from October 27th, titled "More than just a Photographer".  It was 2 months ago that I was in this exact basement cleaning it up.  And now Dale made a mess again.  He's tearing down all the stuff I couldn't (or didn't feel like).  The next couple of pictures may not appear that bad to the untrained Dale-helper, but I'm here to tell you... it was HELL today!  My first clue that it would be a tough day was seeing those two sawhorses in the middle of the room.  That meant Dale wasn't done yet.

Yep... That green wall came down, those strips of wood on the ceiling (95 feet of them) all came down, too.  And as you know, I'm not the tallest girl in town, which means I get to bend over and pick everything up.  Then, up the 12 stairs, around the corner, out the door and into the dumpster I go.  Over and over and over again.


I was standing in the same place for the picture below as the one above, only I turned to my right.  The stairs would be off to the left.  In front of me is a wall of pegboard and some weird two-foot box built along the wall.  And of course, it also needs to come out!  As quick as I was able to carry garbage out, Dale was tearing into more.  In case you were wondering, pegboard is really heavy.

That would be a sump-pump in the middle of the floor with a nifty jury-rigged (and yes, that's the correct spelling.  I looked it up) hose making it's way outside.  I'm sure it'll be used this March when the floods come because it won't warm up enough for any of our snow to melt so we'll have some "moisture" in the basement.






More useless wood stripping to come down off the ceiling (and for Lynn to clean up).
 Oh look...  why use the sawhorses when you can save time and get down on the floor to cut wood into little pieces!!!!

Are those knee-pads he has on?!?!?!  Hey!!!!  Oh wait....  shhhh.....  don't say anything or I might get those for Valentine's Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment