Sunday, November 17, 2013

And he wonders why he hurts!



On Friday, Dale came home and said that he was tired and couldn't figure out why.  His next sentence was, "I broke the crow bar today".  Geeze, I wonder why he hurts!!!!!

Building-front #2 was completed on Saturday with the help of our good friend, Al.  What would've taken three days for Dale to build was completed in one day.


I started removing plaster from the alley building on the stairway wall.  This is the building where we changed the first store-front.  I had to quit at noon to go home and take a nap.  Al and Dale were using the big ladder so I wasn't able to finish (not that I was even physically capable!).
My goal was to get the gold removed, but I just ran out of steam.

Trash was removed and now another pile begins.  
Remember... this is where all the ceiling tile were piled up!

This is the first wall that I removed the plaster.  The wood is finally drying out on the left side from the leaky sink upstairs.
The ceiling tile and grid have all been removed.  The ceiling looks different on the right and left sides because there is ceiling stripping on the right where the extra ceiling was fastened.  The white walls are peg-board that will hopefully be removed in the next couple of weeks.  

This picture was taken with my back against the wall of the building front we just changed.  I don't think I have this shot in previous pictures.  


The wood panels on the bottom of the windows will be removed.  They're there only to keep people from easily accessing the building through the plastic.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dale!
    Dale was kind enough to give us(me, Jeff Etzel & Tony Funke, both of Delano) a tour of the Jerome and share your vision of bringing it back the city. The community is lucky to have people like you folks to bring the next chapter of it's evolution and growth along with a touch of it's heritage.
    Dale conveyed through his telling and enthusiasm of the buildings history and the tell tale signs of it's construction evolution's, a great story. Fun to hear!
    Oh and I guess Dale can spin a story or two!
    I suggest a picture of the two of you at the top of the page to put a face with place! (I know he's the mayor, but......)
    Thanks again Dale.
    Jeff Etzel
    P S. If you need a hand give me a call.763-614-9555

    ReplyDelete